BANSKO JAZZ ACADEMY
is organized by the Festivals in Bulgaria Association within the Bansko Jazz Festival with the aim of giving young performers and musicians the opportunity to enrich their knowledge and skills, to meet and receive lessons from jazz masters from Bulgaria and the world, to perform in front of the public at the Bansko Jazz Festival, to create new contacts and partnerships, so important for their professional growth.
Within the academy, performers (participants) approved for participation are obliged to engage in:
– 7 days 2 workshops per day – with outstanding Bulgarian musicians and with international stars from the big stage of the festival
– Participation with one concert on the Stage for young talents lasting 60 to 90 minutes
– Two performances lasting 50-60 minutes at the Jazz points in the city
WHEN AND WHERE
from August 5 to 12, 2023 in Bansko
Young Bulgarian and foreign musicians – solo piano, from duo to sextet, singers and instrumentalists – can apply to participate in the academy.
Any band wishing to participate in the Bansko Jazz Academy should send an email to email@example.com
1. Brief presentation of the project
2. Brief creative biography of the project participants
3. Video recording
4. 3–5 photos
After selection, you will be invited to participate.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
1. 7 days of 2 workshops per day – with Bulgarian musicians and with international stars from the big stage of the festival (held in the hall of the community center in Bansko with sound system provided).
2. Open professional stage, backline, sound and technical support for participation with a concert on the Stage for young talents
3. Sounding, backline for the participation of the Jazz points in the city (“Street Musicians” format)
4. Accommodation for the period of participation.
You will receive the program for the master classes after confirmation of your participation.
The application must be signed personally by each participant in the band.
Applications are accepted until March 31.
Deadline for announcing the results of the selection: April 3.