BANSKO JAZZ ACADEMY 2024
is organised by Brazz Association within the Bansko Jazz Festival with the financial support of Ministry of Culture of Republic of Bulgaria and the logistics support of Association Festival in Bulgaria.
The Academy’s aim is to give young performers and musicians the opportunity to enrich their knowledge and skills, to meet and receive lessons from jazz masters from Bulgaria and the world, to perform in front of the public at the Bansko Jazz Festival, to create new contacts and partnerships, important for their professional growth.
Within the academy, performers (participants) approved for participation are obliged to engage in:
- 7 days 2 workshops per day – with outstanding Bulgarian musicians and with international stars from the big stage of the festival.
- Concert performance on the Stage for young talents.
- Participating at the Jazz points in the city.
WHEN AND WHERE
from August 3 to 10, 2024 in Bansko
Young Bulgarian and foreign musicians – from duo to sextet, singers and instrumentalists – can apply to participate in the academy.
Any band wishing to participate in the Bansko Jazz Academy should send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Brief presentation of the project
- Brief creative biography of the project participants
- Video recording
- 3-5 photos (high resolution)
Please make sure the reference materials are appropriate for the project and the composition with which you will be taking part in the Academy. There is no need for the video recordings to be made professionally.
The selected candidates, you will be invited to participate.
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE
1. 7 days of 2 workshops per day – with Bulgarian musicians and with international stars from the big stage of the festival (held in the hall of the community center in Bansko with sound system provided).
2. Open professional stage, backline, sound and technical support for participation with a concert on the Stage for young talents
3. Sounding, backline for the participation of the Jazz points in the city (“Street Musicians” format)
4. Accommodation for the period of participation.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Mandatory attendance at the master classes and workshops included in the Academy.
- One concert lasting 60 to 90 minutes on the “Young Talents” daytime stage.
- Two performances lasting 50-60 minutes at the Jazz points in the city.
- One participation in partner hotels.
You will receive the program for the master classes after confirmation of your participation.
Applications are accepted until March 1
Deadline for announcing the results of the selection: March 11